I’m Back…Sort of

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So, someone has bought my old domain beautyreflectionsblog, which is whatever to me. If someone wanted that name for a blog, be my guest. I never liked it to be honest. The problem is, they’ve actually stolen all of my old content-written and pictures as well. I’ve been trying to notify google of the copyright infringement that’s going on, but it’s really frustrating and to be honest, I don’t think much will get done. If you have some time or would be so inclined to help, you could help me out and report abuse on Google. https://support.google.com/legal/troubleshooter/1114905…

For now, just don’t give this asshole the clicks and read those old posts of mine. Unsubscribe from the feed, from bloglovin, from anywhere you get notified of a post from them too.

Funnily enough, this isn’t the first time someone has done this to me. Last time someone stole my domain when I was on blogger and that’s when I moved to wordpress. I eventually fought my way back and I don’t even know if those first thieves still blog at all, cause I beat them down.

So, here I am again. Fighting back. Cause now, someone has actually stolen my words too! NOBODY CAN PRETEND TO BE ME SNARKY TRACY EXCEPT ME SNARKY TRACY. They wanna piece of me? FINE. Have the OLD ME.

This is the new and improved ME, right HERE. This is THE REAL BEAUTY REFLECTIONS BLOG.

Elwood: It’s 106 miles to Chicago. We’ve got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Advertisements

15 Comments Add yours

1. Gypsynurse says:

How dare someone steal “you”! So will the real (slim shady:) Beauty Reflections please stand up because we got your back girl. Karma is a bitch as my hubby says! Im glad you’re sort of back☆☆

1. HAHAHAHA oh, how I love you! And thanks lol! I guess I should just say I’m back. The sort-off part is about how often I’ll post I guess. What I don’t want is stress again. It must be manageable. That’s my goal. Let’s see if that’s what happens haha!

2. emmabovary says:

That is so frustrating that they had the audacity to do that! Things like that make me worry about the internet (and then also make me sound like my Mum…hmmm)

3. Josie M says:

People are weird and lazy and love to steal. I’m glad you’re back!!!!

1. Yup! They sure are. And thanks! It kind of feels good!

2. It does, right? And yeah, frustrating is exactly what it is.

4. Duuuude, I’m so sorry about this. Also, sorry for only commenting now, lol. But really, it’s really shitty that someone did this to you. May they be punished with 500 years of accumulated sun damage, lots of cellulite and neverending bad hair days!

1. Hey no probs man….never worry. I know you’re there for me always. And HAHAHA best punishment ever! ❤

5. Angela says:

Love you TRACY!!!!!!!

6. Eugenia says:

Wow – just when you think that people can’t sink lower. How stupid and/or lazy is this person that they can’t even bother to think up new content? Whatever — my vote goes to the real Trakee! Nothing can bring YOU down!! xo

1. Hahaha thanks Eugenia! ❤ I don't get it either, because it's such old content and a lot of it isn't even relevant anymore? Sigh.

7. olivia says:

I know I am late in replying but Google won’t do anything except remove them from Google search since it isn’t a google based domain. From what I see it is from Wild West domain
    Domain Name: BEAUTYREFLECTIONSBLOG.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1798461710_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
    Update Date: 2017-06-13T23:03:02Z
    Creation Date: 2013-05-02T20:42:53Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-05-02T20:42:53Z
    Registrar: Wild West Domains, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 440
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@wildwestdomains.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
    Reseller: GoDaddy

You would contact them via the Abuse contact Email or go here: http://www.wildwestdomains.com/legal/agreements.aspx
    If they want screenshots of your blog then go to archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/*/beautyreflectionsblog.com

If this doesn’t work your best bet is to file a takedown service with dmca.com.

I am just curious, did Godaddy sell your posts with the web domain? Or did the person archive everyone of your posts on their own. I know my blog is being copied by various websites: voiletboard.com, brasspad.com, & oliveslate.com by someone in Punjab, Pakistan. Personally, I can tell you I am sick and tired of filing DMCA’s. I end up banning or blocking them. I know this won’t help but it gives me some comfort. I also have coded my blog a certain way to prevent easy scraping.

I think no one tells you what happens after you quit and that is someone can takeover and just use your posts! I hate this!

8. Eva says:

yay! i’m so happy you’re back. I missed your snark!

Liked by 1 person